Something interesting and neat we found at Thingee was new communication platform called Slack. Slack is a communication tool used to chat with employees whether they’re in the office, or at home.
Some of the benefits we’ve seen thus far:
• A centralized and secure messaging solution that is aimed towards teams.
• Everything in Slack is searchable and star-able, making it easier to keep track of all different communications going on.
• Integration with Trello (a project management tool we use) and Google docs
• The channels allow for group and company wide communication
• It’s IRC based, with an open API
• Free native apps for iOS, Andriod and Mac Desktops
• High priority support
They’re also working towards having guest access, email forwarding to create Slack files, and individual user control over security policies.
What makes this tool work so well at Thingee is that we’re always on the move. Whether going to client meetings, at our desk, or working from home, Slack keeps us in the loop 24/7.
We’ve been using Slack for a few weeks now and we recommended it to any business, at any size. The pricing structure ranges from a lite version, which is free, to a $15 a month plan with more services attached to it. Go to Slack.com for more information.